Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dealing with Natasha’s rash, without drugs.




Natasha receives a rash on her stomach every so often so I have found a way to treat it with out drugs because we are in a new country that is not as dog friendly, on an island that has one pet store and two Vets. I had to find ways to remedy this soon so it does not turn into staph infection again.



First I give her a 5 to 10 bath with anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal shampoo, then with Head & Shoulders. While she is drying, I wash out her crate with anti-bacterial cleaner, and wash her bedding in the washer.

Next I will use regular hand sanitizer.  Her Vet said that is a good idea because it will move the capillaries from the area and kill the germs in that area. After that the new products I used that seemed to work is Seabreez face cleanser and Silvegiene spray.  That helps out a lot. That does the trick.

Because of this rash, I have learned that A) Just because a Veteran is expensive, does not mean that they are the best. B) Get a second opinion, if the first doc ideas are not working, please see another Veteran.
I have another posting about the lesion I learned about Veterans,  what I learned and how much that cost us.

No comments:

Post a Comment